Wedding season is almost upon us, which means that i’ve been in hiding trying to prep for what is going to be one of my craziest seasons yet. Currently we are scheduled to execute over 14 events over a period of 3 months in 4 different continents (cue the Starbucks and visine).
Over the past month, i’ve also been busy moving into a new office and working on some exciting projects behind the scenes for clients, television networks and causes near and dear to our hearts. Unfortunately nothing is announceable (is that a word?!) but I can’t wait to share what we’ve been up to. That being said, I haven’t had much time to spend with my husband or even my friends over the past month so i’m excited to be planning a mini getaway before I go into full on work mode!
Every time I sit down to plan for a vacation, I love to go through my past images of places I’ve been to jog my memory and really get a sense for where i’d like to go back to. Recently, I came across these images of my time in New York for fashion week! It’s no secret that I LOVE to wear back (like all the time) so I thought i’d share with you my top five secrets of wearing black while traveling!
- Black stays clean longer! Although it may not seem like it, when I travel for work I’m a carry on and duffel bag kind of girl. One of the benefits of packing a ton of black pieces is that you can re-purpose them more often without worrying about them getting dirty.
- Black is SUPER versatile. It’s true! It’s so much easier to mix and max pieces as well as re wear them if they don’t stand out! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good statement piece but packing more basics allows you to get more wear out of them.
- It’s slimming. I LOVE this about black…No matter how awesome you’re feeling or how much you’re regretting that pizza from last night, black clothing always makes you look so much slimmer. Who doesn’t want that?!?
- It’s chic! Think Coco Chanel… There is a reason that everyone is saying orange is the new black, pink is the new black, white is the new black… It’s because black is awesome! In my opinion, black is the new black. Other colors are awesome but that one isn’t going anywhere!
- Black makes it easier to accessorize. When I travel, I love to pack black outfits and then mix and match my accessories. That way, I can wear a statement jacket, piece of jewelry or bright handbag and still feel amazing. It’s also much easier to take any look from day to night quickly which is important when you’re traveling for work and your time is limited!
I hope these tips help! If you love NYC as much as I do, make sure to check out my city guide here. Do you love wearing black? Let me know my sending me an email or commenting below!